The CAIR-TX, DFW Chapter was formed in 1998 and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-deductible, grassroots advocacy and civil rights organization. The national headquarters for CAIR is in Washington, D.C. and there are nearly 30 affiliated CAIR chapters across America. CAIR was first established to promote an accurate image of Islam and Muslims in America and has evolved into the largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S.
VISION AND MISSION
CAIR’s vision is to be a leading advocate for justice and mutual understanding.
CAIR’s mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
- CAIR supports free enterprise, freedom of religion and freedom of expression.
- CAIR is committed to protecting the civil rights of all Americans, regardless of faith.
- CAIR supports domestic policies that promote civil rights, diversity and freedom of religion.
- CAIR opposes domestic policies that limit civil rights, permit racial, ethnic or religious profiling, infringe on due process, or that prevent Muslims and others from participating fully in American civic life.
- CAIR is a natural ally of groups, religious or secular, that advocate justice and human rights in America and around the world.
- CAIR supports foreign policies that help create free and equitable trade, encourage human rights and promote representative government based on socio-economic justice.
- CAIR believes the active practice of Islam strengthens the social and religious fabric of our nation.
- CAIR condemns all acts of violence against civilians by any individual, group or state.
- CAIR advocates dialogue between faith communities both in America and worldwide.
- CAIR supports equal and complementary rights and responsibilities for men and women.
Our main focus is to defend the legal and constitutional rights of American Muslims in every aspect of life but especially in the workplace, schools, federal agencies and within local government. We regularly participate in civic and interfaith dialogues with organizations dedicated to preserving America’s legacy of social justice.
Another one of the CAIR-TX, DFW Chapter’s focus is to engage with the media to help improve and implement a more accurate image of Islam and Muslims in America. We also offer diverse training presentations, workshops and seminars to empower and motivate the American Muslim community to participate effectively in political, social and civic activism.
CAIR will continue to serve as a leader in the DFW Muslim community, by striving to improve relations between people of all races, religions and cultures.